As a family support specialist, you will encounter many difficult situations causing you to experience various levels of discomfort or to question your own personal safety. Keep in mind the families you will work with are in crisis or facing major problems. This is why they have been referred to Eagle Quest. Your safety is priority and we never want you to be in a position where you may be injured or become sick or harmed in any way.
- Learn how to prepare for your home visits
- Learn how to stay safe during a visit
- Learn what to do once a visit is completed
- Gain an understanding of what environmental hazards may exist
- Two things to remember: First, no two homes are alike and no two families will be alike. The environments you will go into will range from clean to filthy. They may have a safe or dangerous community environment.