Eagle Quest has current openings for Family Support Specialists to join our growing team! This position offers an opportunity for rewarding work with children and families. Eagle Quest currently has part-time openings with the possibility of leading to full-time employment. Candidates with availability for afternoon, evenings, and weekends are encouraged to apply. The majority of the workday is spent "in the field". This opportunity offers a competitive wage and a progressive and supportive working environment.
The Family Support Specialist provides Psychosocial Rehabilitation services to children and teens in our foster program and in the community. This position is an important part of the team in supporting our youth with mental and behavioral health needs.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
1. For youth within our Foster Program:
- Provide Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) services to children and teens with mental health needs, with focus on Behavior Management, Social Competency, Problem Identification & Resolution, Effective Communication, Moral Reasoning, Identity & Emotional Intimacy, and Self-Sufficiency.
- Participate in Child Family Team (CFT) meetings, Direct Supervision, and Team Meetings.
- Ensure regular communication with the Foster Parent, Case Manager, and other team members as appropriate.
2. For youth outside of the Eagle Quest Foster Program:
- General Case Management
- Maintain complete and accurate client files and case history
- Identify goals and objectives, develop Treatment Plans, monitor progress, and help the youth to overcome obstacles.
- Complete Prior Authorization Request (PAR), 30-Day reviews, and Medicaid progress notes
- Attend all required Child Family Team (CFT) meetings
- Participate in Clinical Supervision on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with referral sources, other team members and professionals working with the family
- Be able to build rapport with the children, teens, and their families
- Assist youth and family in accessing additional services as appropriate
- Complete discharge summary and make referrals as needed
- Background in social services which can include a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counseling, or other related field
- At least one year of experience working with at-risk children, youth, and/or families - two or more years experience is preferred
- Experience working with families from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Be able to complete and pass FBI and local background check
- Be able to pass a state Child Abuse and Neglect (CANS) check
- Have current Nevada driver's license, proof of insurance, and own transportation for use throughout workday
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI) number current with Medicaid is a plus!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is a plus!
Eagle Quest - A Great Place to Work:
At Eagle Quest we strive every day to fulfill our mission: "Helping members of our community reach new heights through quality behavioral healthcare and unmatched customer service." For full-time employees, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and vacation benefits. All Family Support Specialists will enjoy paid training, electronic client records, and tremendous support, as well as Paid Time Off. Eagle Quest is a private agency that has been serving at-risk youth and their families for over 17 years. We are one of the largest providers of rehabilitative mental health services, specialized treatment for juveniles on probation/parole, and services to youth in higher-level-of-care foster homes in Las Vegas and Pahrump.